Accountability partners are about excitement, energy, and movement. Not perfection. Partners help you become more successful by checking in on your progress made toward big goals, not the “gap” of what they are not doing well enough.
What? Accountability Partners exchange commitments to help one another follow through on goals and desired behavior changes.
Who? We will assign partners in pairs or trios for the purposes of this academy.
Why? Accountability works. It really works. Actually, if you do not measure and report your progress, then you're probably not making much progress at all. ... However, having a specific accountability partner increases your chance of success to 95%.
Where? Phone, Facetime, whatever works best for you to have a conversation where you really challenge one another and help each other stay on track and reach your goals.
When? Minimum of 1x per week. Keep this appointment like you would keep any high priority matter on your calendar. Calls should be about 15 minutes per person and focused on the goal.
1. After each video and/or class, complete a “30 Day Accountability Plan”.30 days is the minimum amount of time required to change a habit (you can do longer if needed).Use these documents to select what you would like to work on.(One at a time vs. overlapping 30 day goals – that would be chaos!)These will help you identify your goals.
2. Meet your Accountability Partner(s) and plan at least 1x per week when you will meet and how you will do that (phone, facetime, etc.)
3. Before each Accountability session, complete a Preparation form.You can send it to your partner(s) or just speak from it during your call.
4. Listen to your partner(s) and challenge them when you think it will be helpful.
5. Share your Leadership Dashboard goals at any time during the program.
By adding an accountability partner to your life, you are simply increasing your odds of success.
Have fun with this while increasing your network.
Questions for your partners:
Is this what you really want?
Why do you want it?
Are you playing small?
What do you really want?
Why are you waiting to get it?
What could you do that would get you there in the next seven days?
What potential failure are you avoiding?
Adapted from: Medium.com, Benjamin Hardy, January 2019